The OSCE Mission to Serbia is implementing the project ‘Consolidating the democratization process in the security sector in the Republic of Serbia’, funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency. One of the project activities is aimed at strengthening the participation of civil society organizations in the development and implementation of security related policies at both the local and national level. In that regard, the OSCE Mission to Serbia invites interested civil society organizations, research and academic institutions to submit project proposals, addressing one or more of the following areas:
- developing and/or strengthening the cooperation between state institutions and civil society in addressing security related policies at national and/or local levels;
- developing independent assessments and research studies on the implementation of security related legislation/ strategies/policies;
- increasing public awareness of good governance principles in the security sector, including democratic civilian oversight, citizens’ participation, transparency, accountability etc.
- strengthening public participation in the development and implementation of security-related policies and fostering the concept of human security;
- promoting mechanisms for gender mainstreaming in the security sector governance/reform;
- promoting youth participation in building a security culture and identifying major safety challenges affecting the youth in local communities in Serbia;
- supporting efforts of local communities to address different security challenges, including environmental concerns, different types of disasters etc;
- fostering exchange of good practices between local communities/CSOs in improving safety and security at the local level;
- improving personal data protection in general and in security sector institutions in particular.
For 2023, the Mission will select up to five projects for funding.
The proposed project duration should not exceed six months.
The project value should not exceed RSD 1,150.000.00.
Mandatory requirement for applicants is legal residence in Republic of Serbia.
OSCE Mission to Serbia
Chairperson, OSCE Bid Opening Board
Španskih boraca 1, 11070 Belgrade, Serbia
Proposals sent by email and facsimile will not be accepted.